woensdag 12 mei 2010

Second finish of the year

Winnie the Pooh Calender
Sunday evening, I finished the last backstitch on Tigger (March). With that finished I have my second finish of the year! Here's a detail of the last two months and a pic of the whole calender.



Pooh and Friends is a counted cross-stitch kit from Vervaco: 2575/70.910 stitched on a 14 ct Aïda. Finished size: 25 x45 cm (14" x 18").

giveaway's
Chef Tiger is having a giveaway here. Go check it out.

RAK
Dawn (no blogger) gifted me with a pattern and some floss! This is a totally new kind of floss for me, so anyone have ideas how I can use, please tell :)


Pregnancy update
Monday, it turned it I already have some contractions, since I'm only 32 weeks along, that's way to early :( So now I'm on meds to stop the contractions, and I need to rest as much as possible. Please tell the baby it needs to wait to come into the world!

12 opmerkingen:

Annette zei

Wow congratz with this beautifull finish..
Little baby please wait a week or 6 till 10....hihi

Meari zei

Congrats on your finish. It turned out really cute. :) Nice RAK, too. Sending you good wishes that the baby stays in the oven a bit longer. :)

Emily in NC zei

Congrats on your second finish, it is so cute. Nice RAK as well, looks like the threads are needlepoint threads but they are variegated and whatever pattern you do you would make one stitch at a time.

Mel zei

Congrats! It's such a cute finish.

I do hope that the baby hangs on a bit longer. Will be thinking of you.

EvalinaMaria zei

Congrats on your finish! Don't get excited, stay calm. Don't walk, lay down and rest, if you get bored by doing nothing you can stitch on the Egyptian Empire for a very short time and keep resting.

I had this problem with my first pregnancy and somehow me and the baby managed to due date. Good luck to you and tell your baby to sleep some more.

Ciara Eirikswif zei

The floss is great for highlighting or back stitching on fabrics with a slightly larger weave (more open weave) than aida 14.
You might consider using it for crewel work instead of counted work.

Anoniem zei

That is a lovely finish. Hope the baby stays where it is until the due date.

Marl

Unknown zei

Lovely finish and like others have said, rest up as much as you can.

Shelley zei

Congrats on a fantastic finish. I've loved watching this piece grow.

I hope your baby cooks a little bit longer. Kick your feet up and stitch, lol!

Rene la Frog zei

Congrats on the adorable finish!!!!

Now, now baby it's not time to come into the world yet. Settle down and stay in your Mama a few more weeks.

Paula zei

Great job on the finish,
you should should have some more time to get a few more stitches in

Good luck
P

MaryT zei

Really nice finish, love anything pooh myself. Baby stay put! Hope that helps;)